Friday, October 21, 2011

Progress

Good morning :)
Not a whole lot to post about right now. My mom had knee replacement surgery early monday morning, and I have been with her at the hospital since then. I have come home to sleep, and that's about it! I'm beat!
She is doing extremely well. Prais God!!!
Thank you to all of you that have been praying for her this last week!
Last saturday and sunday, I worked a bit on this quilt.
I had a hard time deciding how to quilt it. My first instinct is of course to do them all in my favorite loopty circular free motion! But... i was trying to step out of my little box and do what the quilt called for. This one was hard to determine what the quilt was calling for!

Not sure if you can see it in this picture? But I went with a flowing intersecting line that is twisted. It kind of reminds me of butter braids!  I was originally going to do this a lot smaller... in each of the yellow areas, but quickly realized it was much too small of an area at only 5"!  So I gave up on that idea and searched for something else.  I finally ended up coming back to this design, but on a larger scale. I think it suits the quilt well! It's like straight line quilting, but a more flowing feeel - the downside is there are a LOT of stops and starts! I was stumped as to what to do in the wonky coin areas... but i think i've finally settled on something. In the outside borders, I am again going to try something new.. and free motion flowers along the border. We'll see how that goes! 
I am eager to get started on the rest of this and just sit down and sew all day and get it done!!
But, my mom is coming home today.  She will be staying with my mother in law for the next several weeks as she recouperates.  And so I will be there all saturday, sunday and monday, as they will be gone and someone needs to be with her all the time to make sure she doesnt fall! So hopefully sometime next week I will be able to get a little sewing in! :)
Until then, i am again the caretaker :)   I enjoy spending time with my mom, so it's not hard at all! Just tiring :)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
xo
Bren

No comments: