Monday, October 10, 2011

I DID IT!!! WOOHOOO!!!

I DID IT!!
And ALL because of the wonderful crafty people here in blogland that were willing to help!
A humongous thanks to Julia and Pokey!!!
I am doing the happy dance BIG TIME! :D

Pokey suggested pressing the curve into the bias tape as you go... so not smashing it with the iron once you have it lined up and won't work! LOL  That worked WONDERS!!!!  (why was i so short sighted that i didn't see that to begin with? grrr)
And Julia suggest sewing the inner curve first - which would allow the outer curve to actually curve and stretch as needed.
I was doing it backwards!
I was adjusting the loop so that the outer curve would lay flat - which left a ton of excess fabric in the inner curve and looked like this:

 And for the life of me, couldn't figure out where all that excess was supposed to go??!!

 And with that advice, I was able to go from that....
to this...
!!!!!!

 IT CAN BE DONE! LOL
wooohoooo!!!
I am a basket making fool now!


THANK YOU Ladies!!!
I really could kiss you!!
xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, it looks great. There seems to be no problem that blog friends can't help solve.
Kim :)

WoolenSails said...

And that is why I don't do curves, lol. I still can't get the hang of cutting on the bias and curving them for stems, need to ask the store to help me make a few so I can get the hang of it.

Debbie

Julia said...

Well Bren, I'm considering myself kissed and I'm joining you in the happy dance. Helping people when I can is very gratifying for me. I can't wait to see your basket quilt top finished. Happy quilting. JB

Pokey said...

How sweet you are! The handles look absolutely wonderful, just like a pro! We all get by with a little help from our friends ~

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Way to go Brenda! And thanks to the women for helping you! It looks wonderful. I would have been no help lol. Now there is no stopping ya!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Glad you found your answers! That quilt is going to be great. I can't wait to see the finished piece!