Monday, July 7, 2008

Mudding...

Haha! I was excited to get in there and try my hand at mudding! (i know... ya'll think i'm nuts! lol I know my husband does!!) But go with me here for a minute... Big thick gloppy gooey clay like stuff that you "paint" on with a spatula! HELLO??! Who WOULDN'T want to get in there and play with that stuff??? (and just for the record.. no.. i did not put both my hands in the box and play with the goo... although yes i did think about it! haha and Danny even said "i'm surprised you haven't dove into that box hands first!" LOL! He does know me well!! ) Anyway, i convinced him to let me putty the screw holes, because really.. how bad could i screw that up? LOL And got that done in a flash, and asked permission to try one of the seams. He said yes! Yay!! I was having a great time! :) So i got to do one side of the wall, and he did the other. And because i am so anal about some things, i went back and "prettied up" some of his! ha! And... as it turns out, I seem to have a natural knack for it! I think i might even enjoy this more than painting! And i LOVE to paint!!! Wish there was more for me to mud! Danny says "no one ever becomes a dry waller so they can mud! That's the "worst" part of the whole job!" LOLOLOLOL I suppose that's up to WHO you ask!!! :D Ok.. i'm off to start sanding now. In my opinion the sanding is the "worst part" of the whole job! I'd much rather be playin in the goo!! :) Won't be anything to see today... so no pics. :( Hope ya'll have a wonderful day! Blessings, Bren :)

1 comment:

Jacque. said...

You're crazy, girl! hahaha...I'll be sure to let you know when I have work like that to do. Mud on...