- I'm learning that you CAN become obsessed with Flikr.
- That it's too hot to hook, when all the wool fuzz just clings to your skin when you're clammy
- If doing windmills or matchy matchy seamed points -open the seams. The bulk factor is insane!
- I like Half Square Triangles (HSTs) for all the things you can do with them.
- I do NOT like HSTs for sewing them all back together IN ORDER and staying sane.
- Leave the little corner tails ON the HSTs until AFTER matching seams and piecing. Realllly helps to have them there! Lesson learned after clipping them all before sewing. LOL
- As long as your seam allowance is the same through out, nothing will change. Like dying, if you are using the same measuring tools the ratio stays the same. Mess with that just once, and you will see consequences in the end.
- I LIKE starch :)
- I need more room on my sewing table.
- Pinning is a GOOD thing
- DON'T whatever you do, no matter how HOT you are, turn on the overhead fan, when you have a bunch of little blocks laid out all perfect.
- DON'T leave your layout on the floor overnight, when you have two mischevious cats that like to play in the MUD, and then come back in to clean themselves on TOP of something.
- DON'T assume that said pieces of fabrics are not play toys for bored cats at night.
- ALWAYS have backup blocks made, in case you didn't follow the above "donts".
- And last but not least..... I AM A TOTAL SEWING SLOB LOLWhen fixated on a project and totally in focus, i dont care where all the little pieces fall. lol my floor looks like a chopping wharehouse burped in my room! they are everywhere all over my floor. lololol a couple swipes of my feet to gather them all up and toss them in the trash, and all is good. but in the middle of it.... oh myyy!!! :D
Monday, August 3, 2009
Things I'm Learning
Things I'm Learning...
Plunked out by Brenis