Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MAJOLICA RUG

Trying something new :) We’ll see if it works! My silly camera only gives up the pictures that IT wants to share!! lol But, found if i take the little memory card and stick it in my computer, i get ALL the pics!!! AND it allows me to go from the picture to “make a blog post” - kinda neat! This is the rug that i am working on… Majolica… the one with the leaves. Karen’s rug are amazing in person - MUCH less muted down, much less “pastel-y” than in her pics!! We were all very surprised by this! And beyond gorgeous! I tried taking some pics with no flash, and that helped tons… granted not as great of a “clear precise” picture… but you get a better feel for the depth of color that she uses! This picture is pretty accurate in color and contrast – much different than the pics you’ve seen of the same rugs, huh? Karen is a wonderful TEACHER!! She comes very prepared with many teaching aids, and has been teaching on color, value, and temperature…. huge deal!! So many people don’t understand these concepts and need someone to teach it! And she’s excellent at it! My first attempt at a leaf using her technique… hahaha… ended up looking like Joseph’s coat – a veritable rainbow!! SNOT GOOD NEWS! LOL I’ll take a pic and post it later this week :) I worked another part of the rug last night, determined to find my happy place, and still stretch a bit! I’m liking it MUCH better now!! hahaha!! Pics will come soon, if this little test post works! Bright blessings, Bren :)

5 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

your class sounded like it was a blast. Can't wait to see your picture of your rug. It will be beautiful I'm sure.
And for your dancing..... please have someone in the class take a pic of you and your sweet hubby!
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. Being a mom is H.A.R.D...

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a great class and your rug is beautiful.

Debbie

Joanne said...

You can really learn alot in KK's class - i thought the exact same thing about her rugs when i saw them in class - so much more prim and muted and faded looking then the pics. Can't wait to see your rug

Laurie sowthacres said...

Don't believe her Joseph's Coat comment - the original leaf was fantastic to all but Bren!! Can't wait to see what she does with the little bit of teal she chose for her rug!!

Jacque. said...

Breni...cannot wait to see what you're doing. Must get myself back in gear...big a** star is calling to me. Loudly.