Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stringing along...





What a mess! Piles of strips that started out all neat and tidy, always look like a jumbled mess after a little while! 
These are all the new Comma fabric line by Brigitte Heitland - (except  those two orange circle pieces in the right corner, and the piece of authentic black on the left - I decided after a bit of sewing and seeing the blocks come together that I needed more orange and black so threw those in the pile too)

Those strips  were sewn in varying widths into these.... along with flax linen for the one corner, and natural linen for the large stripe next to the white. I love the texture and "purity" of linen! There's something about it that just softens things up!


 And then those start forming blocks...  some large squares, and some floating little squares...





I kind of fell in love yesterday when I laid these out!!!  This is going to be one classy gorgeous quilt when it's done!!  
Granted, I have to order more natural colored linen, and make... ohh... 50 more squares! LOL! So it might be a while! :)
 xo
Bren :)

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love the look of strip pieces, a fun way to use up scraps too.

Debbie

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love this! So pretty and fun, I'm such a fan of string blocks.

jeifner said...

It's true! It is going to be classy and pretty and gender neutral and textured and fabulous.

Tammy Burks said...

It looks a little Halloween-y and I like it!