Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Progress Rugs

I don't know about you - but i LOVE to see rugs in progress, and then seeing more come to life, and finally being finished!!
A while back i posed a pic of this one just started. Andrea was in Jayne's class with me, as well as being part of the team that was running the camp. So she didn't get much time to work on hers in class. She brought it last month to our hooking bee, and i didn't have my camera!! So this month i made sure to bring my camera to grab a few snapshots of what everyone was working on! How i wish i would have had it last month also - as we had a HUGE group of people show up and tons of awesome rugs!!! Ah well.. maybe next time? :)
You can click on these to enlarge them a bit and see better!
I am not sure of the name of this pattern? The way Andrea has hooked it is soooo rich, and warm!!! Stunning!!
This one was hooked by my friend Judy. I WISH i could capture the coolness of this rug!!
She added this darling border - which i think MAKES the rug complete! And she did each flower with a different technique. Do click on it to enlarge and see!! She brought some loops higher, some are clipped, - very very fun! :) This is my design, hooked by Judy - i can't wait to get it up on the website!!

This one is Sue's. I also posted a pic of this back in the camp pics. She's almost done!!! There is only one little section she ripped out and needs to hook back in. OMGosh this is STUNNING in person!! I left the photo pretty big so you can zoom in a bit and check it out! I believe this one is called Aunt Tilly's Garden, by Woolley Fox.

Oohhh i wish my camera would take great pics like some of yours!!! This incredible rooster is being hooked by Cheryl Bollenbach. It's her own design and is called "Mardi Gras Rooster". This entire rug is sooooooooooo soft and soooooo old and still sooo whimsical!!! I am in love!!

Cheryl has a website if you want to check out her designs!! She's an amazing artist that just recently started offering her designs for sale and has some great things to offer!!

This is just closer up so you can see how many wools are being used. Very very kewl!!!


That's it for today! Just a bit of eye candy! :D
I got all my orders packed and to the post office and i'm getting ready to take the kids to the pool for the rest of the day!
Have a very blessed day!
Bren :)

3 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Bren ~ These rugs are beautiful!! Thanks for the pictures ~ love to see what others are doing!
Alice

Jacque. said...

Hey Brenis...LOVE the rugs!!! Can't wait to try Aunt Tilley's Garden myself! Thanks for posting the pics...that rooster is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love those colors and swirls. Never thought of that on a rooster. I will def. check out her patterns...no! Wait. No more patterns for me!

Your new pattern will ship Monday afternoon. I rec'd. your check in the mail this afternoon. If you get a chance, check out my blog and see what I did after I got your note. I love that card. AND our return address stickers are the same design! Vista Print?

Thanks for posting!
Susan